Nifty News: Student Killed by Exploding Gum

blowing a bubble - bubble gumSounds bizarre, and it is, but apparently it really happened to a student in the Ukraine. This was not a prank or a malicious event, but just a mistaken dunking. So – if you are a dunker – as in cookies in milk sense – then read this post to see why it is important to be cautious and pay attention to just where you dunk.

A chemistry student from the northern Ukrainian city of Konotop was killed when a stick of chewing gum exploded in his mouth, Ukrainian media reported. The 25-year-old student of Ukraine’s Kiev Polytechnic Institute was working at a computer in his parents’ house late on Saturday when the incident occurred. “A loud pop was heard from the student’s room,” the ukranews.com portal said, citing an aide to the city’s police chief. Custom Jewelry . “When his relatives entered the room they saw that the lower part of the young man’s face had been blown off.”

A forensic examination established that the chewing gum was covered with an unidentified chemical substance, thought to be some type of explosive material. Police questioning revealed that the student had a bizarre habit of chewing gum after dunking it into citric acid. On his table, police found both citric acid packets and a similar-looking unidentified substance, believed to be some kind of explosive material. Investigators believe that the student simply confused the packets, and put the gum, covered with explosive material, into his mouth.

Don’t you just hate it when that happens?

Source: source link

More Cool Stuff:

Share Article:

1 trackback

Tweets that mention Nifty News: Student Killed by Exploding Gum | listsoplenty.com -- Topsy.com
April 9, 2010 at 05:24

2 Responses to "Nifty News: Student Killed by Exploding Gum":

  1. Devanand April 9, 2010 at 07:45

    can be possible?

  2. waqas April 9, 2010 at 03:58

    damn.. its really strange… and seems happened first time in GUM history