The Queen’s 58-year reign gets put in a different perspective when held up against the 12 US presidents she has seen come and go on her watch. This is an interesting concept as the Democratic leadership of the US constantly evolves, the monarchy of the UK is steadfast. Elizabeth, daughter of King George VI and granddaughter of Queen Victoria, is fast approaching the status of longest reigning British monarch in history (2017). Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth was born in London on April, 21 1926, first child of the Duke and Duchess of York (King George VI and Queen Elizabeth). Elizabeth the Second took the throne on February 6, 1952 upon the death of her father. Her Coronation followed on June 2, 1953. Through the 12 US Presidential administrations from Truman to Obama, this posting is a pictorial retrospective.
The US Presidents that Elizabeth has seen through her reign, to date, comprise quite a list. Through the years, here is the history in pictures, as Queen Elizabeth II is seen with:
12. President Harry S Truman: Pres. 1945-53
11. President Dwight D. Eisenhower: Pres. 1953-61
10. President John F Kennedy: Pres. 1961-63
9. President Lyndon B. Johnson: Pres. 1963-69
This is the only US President in term during Queen Elizabeth’s reign who she did not meet.
8. President Richard Nixon: Pres. 1969-74
7. President Gerald Ford: Pres. 1974-77
6. President Jimmy Carter: Pres. 1977-81
5. President Ronald Reagan: Pres. 1981-89
4. President George H Bush: Pres. 1989-93
3. President Bill Clinton: Pres. 1993-2001
2. President George W Bush: Pres. 2001-2008
1. President Barack Obama: Pres. 2008 – current
More Cool Stuff: