For some reason, it is okay to go through the entire year a certain way, then promise massive changes on January 1st. OK – we all have been programmed to think this way, and if for all those in the NERD class of GEEK philo, these are some of the changes that are probably on the list. May you have a wonderfully wild and Geeky New Year!
10. Lose weight, bathe more regularly and stop peeing in soda cans during long hours of gaming.
9. Read a book that isn’t science fiction, fantasy or a technical manual.
8. Limit use of LOL, WTF, FTW, wOOt and teh to written conversation.
7. Resist the urge to snicker and ridicule people who’ve never owned a smartphone.
6. Show tolerance for people who don’t know the difference between memory and hard drive space.
5. Quit tweeting from the bathroom.
4. Develop at least one snappy comeback that isn’t directly lifted from a movie or TV show.
3. Spend at least one hour a day away from all forms of electronic entertainment.
2. Learn a new sport – actually, any sport.
1. Get offline and check downstairs to see if family is still alive.