Where would the world of political entertainment be without the off the cuff Gore-isms…oh yes he really said these…Sure, there are lists of GW Bushu00a0foot-in-mouth moments (lists, because there were just too many good ones to limit to just one) here and it just wouldn’t be fair to Mr GW if we didn’t include his election rival, Mr Al Gore.
Understandably, and even somewhat empathetically, we all have our “moments”, but it just seems that this political heavyweight had more than his fair share. This made for a very interesting and often entertaining presidential campaign, as some of the priceless moments are shared with you.
“A zebra does not change its spots.”
- Al Gore, attacking President George Bush in 1992.
“Vice President Al Gore, wowed by the Bulls, said: “I tell you that Michael Jackson is unbelievable, isn’t he. He’s just unbelievable.”
“I stand by all the misstatements that I’ve made.”
And, of course, the all time favorite, the Big Daddy of all claims:
“As many of you know, I was very instrumental in the founding of the Internet.”
And the – AL Gore to Wolf Blitzer on CNN, as Al prepares for his presidential campaign 3/99.u00a0 Al indeed does say that he created the internet – 0:52 in the clip.
Yet stillu00a0list goes on…I thought rather than give one a catchy text box, I would just have some of the good zingers here as a bulleted list. They are goof for a little chuckle and maybe even a chortle in some cases.
- “If we don’t succeed, we run the risk of failure.”
- “I was recently on a tour of Latin America, and the only regret I have was that I didn’t study Latin harder in school so I could converse with those people.”
- “Welcome to President Clinton, Mrs. Clinton, and my fellow astronauts.”
- “Verbosity leads to unclear, inarticulate things.”
- “Democrats understand the importance of bondage between a mother and child.”
- “We’re going to have the best-educated American people in the world.”
- “A low voter turnout is an indication of fewer people going to the polls.”
- “Quite frankly, teachers are the only profession that teach our children.”
- “For NASA, space is still a high priority.”
- “It isn’t pollution that’s harming the environment. It’s the impurities in our air and water that are doing it.”
- “Illegitimacy is something we should talk about in terms of not having it.”
- “I am not part of the problem. I am a Democrat.”
- “One word sums up probably the responsibility of any vice president, and that one word is ‘to be prepared’.”
- “I have made good judgments in the past. I have made good judgments in the future.”
- “When I have been asked who caused the riots and the killing in L.A., my answer has been direct and simple: Who is to blame for the riots? The rioters are to blame. Who is to blame for the killings? The killers are to blame.”
- “We have a firm commitment to NATO, we are a part of NATO. We have a firm commitment to Europe. We are a part of Europe.”
- “What a waste it is to lose one’s mind. Or not to have a mind is being very wasteful. long boards . How true that is.”
More Cool Posts ‘n Sh-tuff: